Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Name this bush


Do you know the name of this bush? It is my all time favorite bush. In the spring especially and sometimes in the fall all the new growth is red. Sometimes, I cut a bunch of stems to put in a jar inside. They are so pretty when the sunlight shines on them. I just love them! The name?
Do you know?

6 comments:

Rebecca Conduff Aguirre said...

Wow! That is pretty! I don't know that I do know what it is, but I have a landscaper friend I could ask! :)

Cindy said...

I know the name...just wondering if anyone else did :)

Rebecca Conduff Aguirre said...

Aha! You are tricking us...the leaves look a little bit like gardenias, but I don't think they turn red like that...hmm...

betty said...

It looks like a poinsetta to me.

Cindy said...

its called Red Tipped bush.
I think thats a funny name since
that is exactly what it looks like.

Rebecca Conduff Aguirre said...

"Red Tipped bush"! I should have known...my friend gave me a more technical name...can't remember it now, though. Much easier to remember the part about the red tips...

About Me

My photo
towns, countryside, desert, cities, houses, apartments, trailers, places I have lived

Blog Archive