

These are a few of my favorites.... I love books... I want to read books all the time...
who cares if the dishes are dirty and the laundry has turned into mountains...
sometimes I just want to have a whole afternoon with a book and no one to disturb me.
Maybe a hot cup of coffee or tea...a blanket and a pillow...a window with a bird feeder...
to draw my attention away once in a while.
But, of course, since the kids are homeschooling I have to read things like the story of
the Incan Empire and the urinary system of the human body and how to do algebra problems...
and the best this week....The Homecoming...by Earl Hamner. Love that story.
Homeschooling has many up sides, don't you think?
4 comments:
"Urinary system of the human body"...LOL!
I share your sentiments, I'd probably rather read than do anything else (esp. housework!!!!). Since I've only homeschooled for K and 1st grade, haven't gotten into the reading part too much, but I know that was something my sister always commented on, that she enjoyed the reading. Looking at those books, there's quite a few I've never heard of...they look good!
Oh yeah! ;)
Wait...earl hamner as in *john boy*? !!!! I didn't even know that book existed. I have every season of the Waltons on dvd...I"ll be getting that book asap. THanks!
Alyssa, the book is some different...and more crude than I remembered...since I am now letting the kids read it...I noticed some things that I didn't before :) but, still love it :)
Post a Comment