Monday, October 6, 2014

I failed to plan...




Day 6




I failed to plan for this week. Not about the blog.  Its about jury duty.  I had the paperwork and knew that I was supposed to be on call for the month of October.  but,  I just didn't think they would actually choose me.


Product Detailsmany years ago and in another state I received the letter to come in for jury duty.  I was dismissed the first day.   and all these years have passed and I never got another letter.  Until recently.
I  just figured it would be like last time.  They wouldn't need me.  I'd lose a day get paid for one day and that would be that.  but,

instead,

I was chosen to sit on a jury....for a trial that might last a week or longer.  

I was so glad I took a book with me.  I mean, its nice to get acquainted with new people.  I was open for that.  but, during the down time a book is a must.

I didn't actually get to read that much.  but, I was really glad I had the book with me.  many people walked by and said to me...wish I had thought to bring a book.   funny.  because that is always the first thing I think.  take a book.  might have some time to read.

The book shown above is the one I took with me this morning.


oh and I took this one, too.


Product DetailsI went early this morning to get a good parking place and had time to read a few Psalms before I went inside the courthouse.

I'm always comforted when I read Psalms.




so, I'll take them again in the morning.   they won't let me bring my crochet.  my crochet hook might be dangerous.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
towns, countryside, desert, cities, houses, apartments, trailers, places I have lived

Blog Archive